Learn how to create video games in Unreal Engine- from scratch!
This course will teach you how to make a survival horror game, teaching all skillsets the fundamentals of game creation through one of the most popular genres in game media. We will go step by step through the game-making process to show how we can set up a character from scratch, well-designed gameplay, classic and advanced horror mechanics, artificial intelligence, and a lot more.
In this course, you will:
- Make a complete game
- Create a playable character from scratch
- An interaction system that allows you to easily assign objects in the world to be interactable
- Create many horror mechanics to customize and choose from such as: multiple ways to open doors, flickering lights, crouching and sprinting, jumpscares, footsteps, leaning, finding notes, etc.
- Use the environment to hide from AI (e.g. hiding in lockers)
- Learn more game-creation knowledge such as objectives and cutscenes
- Learn how to design and create a good level, going over lighting, post processing, atmosphere, particle effects, and fog.
- Go over some fun mechanics from famous horror games such as Outlast, Amnesia, Resident Evil, and FNAF
- Create smart AI enemies to add suspense and objective to your game.
- A very detailed inventory system with 3D item inspection (that includes rotating models)
- Many other fun activities such as game over screens, regenerative health, main menu, making 2D images out of 3D meshes, and more.
- Master the ability to create a game in your vision.
Lo que aprenderás
- Make a COMPLETE game in Unreal Engine
- Blueprint basics and how to put them into practice
- A controllable character from scratch
- Advanced interaction systems
- Advanced inventory system and item inspection
- Tips on GAME DESIGN and indie horror games
- How to recreate famous game mechanics from your favorite horror games (Outlast, Amnesia, Resident Evil, FNAF)
- Creating a level with proper atmosphere, lighting, and post processing
- Jumpscares, cutscenes, objectives
- Advanced artificial intelligence
- A fundamental understanding of Unreal Engine
¿Para quién es este curso?
- Passionate or curious people looking to expand their Unreal Engine skillset
- 64-bit PC or Mac capable of running Unreal Engine
- 8 GB of RAM
Más cursos del mismo autor: Aidan Perry
- Is the price in dollars? A: Yes, it is value is in dollars (USD)
- In what language is it? A: The course is in English