Descripción de React Testing Library and Jest: The Complete Guide
This course focuses on testing components in a variety of different environments. You will begin by writing tests for a small mini-project, just to get some quick initial experience. From there, you’ll learn about React Testing Library and all of its functionality by building a series of interactive cheatsheets. You can use these cheatsheets as a future reference to easily remember the intricacies of testing. Finally, you’ll add tests to a rather large React app, complete with authentication, data fetching, and navigation.
Here’s a partial list of some of the topics you’ll cover:
- Customize your test environment by writing custom Jest matchers
- Learn how to debug your tests by fixing many bugs
- Run tests faster by implementing a fake data-fetching process
- Understand best practices by working on a large React project
- See an exhaustive list of all the functionality packed into React Testing Library
- Enhance your element-selecting powers by using the ARIA Role system
- Get experience testing authentication and routing
- Write more efficient tests by learning dozens of testing shortcuts
- Finally understand the most mysterious function in React – the ‘act’ function!
- Learn multiple ways of handling third-party libraries in a test environment
- Use Jest to ‘mock’ functions and libraries
Lo que aprenderás en React Testing Library and Jest: The Complete Guide?
- Everything you need to know about testing React Components using React Testing Library and Jest
- Understand how to simulate user events and data fetching in a test environment
- Verify your components the way your components work – before deploying them!
- Get practical, hands-on experience adding tests to a large React project
- Explore hidden aspects of testing that aren’t covered in any other testing course
- Save time by building your own custom Jest matchers
- Focus on learning why best practices exist – and when to break them!
¿Para quién es este curso?
- Software engineers looking to better understand the world of testing
- No testing experience is needed!
Más cursos del mismo autor: Stephen Grider
- Is the price in dollars? A: Yes, it is value is in dollars (USD)
- In what language is it? A: The course is in English